Christoph Neerfeld wrote: > > On 13-Jul-99 Pietro Iglio wrote: > > I'm thinking about an alternative way to generate the application menu in > > kpanel. The idea is to unify the global and personal menus and to allow > > full user customization. > > > > Here are the requirements: > > > > - there is a single application menu (no personal/global); > > > > - the user can completely customize his/her menu without any extra privilege; > > by customizing I mean: it is possible to change item properties (icon, > > name, etc.), move an item, delete an item, add a new item, create/remove > > folders; > > > > - privileged users (= user with write access in $KDEDIR/share/applnk) can > > publish items; published items will be visible in all users menu; > > I'd like to add these requirements: > > - posibility to reset an entry to its system default value > > - make an entry readonly; what I hate most in Win is that there is no way to > protect the system from being destroyed by dumb users > > - don't change the global settings from within kpanel as root; maybe this is a > task for a rewritten kmenuedit > > wish: > > - different system default menus for different users; this does not need many > changes to kpanel; just some way to tell kpanel where to look for the default > menu > See Pietro? KStandardDirs can be your friend to achieve that :) Greetings, Stephan -- As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics, Microsoft have nothing to worry about. By Michael Surkan, PC Week Online