List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kgdb and GUI:s?
From:       Peter Gritsch <pegri () sbox ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-07-12 16:09:36

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> The recent discussion about kgdb made me wonder if it can be used to debug
> KDE/Qt apps? I've never got ddd to understand my GUI applications, i.e. I
> can't set breakpoints etc in my code. [...]

ddd (2.1.1 i386-suse-linux-gnu) works most of the time for me. Other
software versions: gcc 2.8.1, qt 1.40, kde 1.0 (all compiled here).

There is one annoying bug: under some circumstances (don't ask me which!)
member variables cannot be printed or displayed ... `this is on an
aggregate' ddd says ...

Breakpoints (normal, temporary and conditional) work.

   Peter
--
   Peter Gritsch <pegri@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
   `... so I'd rather you didn't try any last-minute stuff.'