List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: questions, wishes, bugs
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-07-12 11:16:41

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, John Corey wrote:

> Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Frank Baumgart wrote:
> >
> > > W1) drop kdbg, take over ddd development
> > >     ddd is years ahead of kdbg in about every respect (features,
> > >     flexibility, stability, usability) without doubt so I can not see
> > >     much sense in creating an inferior debugger from scratch.
> > >     (well if the author has fun doing it...)
> >
> > You like ddd more? Use it! Want it ported to KDE? Do it! Don't bash work
> > of others. Anyways, kdbg has special features and integrates better to
> > Qt/KDE  (both GUI- and technology-wise), so it's better than DDD in those
> > aspects right now.
>
> I use plain ol' gdb, therefore both kdbg/ddd need to be killed :).

I use printf's because gdb interacts awfully with the threading library I
use on Solaris, so *all* debuggers must die :-)

> > > W5) when displaying URLs, make sure they behave like a hyperlink.
> >
> > ?
>
> I think he means, whenever "http://blah" or anything is printed, to
 always highlight it, clicking launches the page, etc.  At least that
> should be done for all the help files; I don't know if kmail/krn or the
> like do this when messages have URLs...

Krn uses kmail's message displaying code, and it seems to do a good job of
catching these. And I believe krn does handle them ok (if it doesn't,
please let me know!)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)