Cristian Tibirna wrote: > > On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Frank Baumgart wrote: > > > W1) drop kdbg, take over ddd development > > ddd is years ahead of kdbg in about every respect (features, > > flexibility, stability, usability) without doubt so I can not see > > much sense in creating an inferior debugger from scratch. > > (well if the author has fun doing it...) > > You like ddd more? Use it! Want it ported to KDE? Do it! Don't bash work > of others. Anyways, kdbg has special features and integrates better to > Qt/KDE (both GUI- and technology-wise), so it's better than DDD in those > aspects right now. I use plain ol' gdb, therefore both kdbg/ddd need to be killed :). > > W3) pay attention to usability aspects, KDE is quite poor in this > > respect (e.g. kpanel REQUIRES a mouse - compare to MS Windows) > > Any patch? Oh! You don't need to jump on it right away. Look in the TODO > file of kpanel, I think keyb. navigation is already there. Of course, if > somebody paid the kpanel developers, they'd to only kpanel programming and > they'd put all the mirobolant features they dream in the code in a week or > so. I have wondered, is there any paid full-time kde developers, like RH has that group of Gnome people? Or do we all just do it because we're insane/like it? > > W4) drop "about KDE" in every "help" menu. Anyone thinks this is > > particular useful? > > Yes. It usefully lets people who dislike it to ignore it. I can attest that this works. I have successfully ignored it for well over a year, right after I looked at it about two times. > > W5) when displaying URLs, make sure they behave like a hyperlink. > > ? I think he means, whenever "http://blah" or anything is printed, to always highlight it, clicking launches the page, etc. At least that should be done for all the help files; I don't know if kmail/krn or the like do this when messages have URLs...