List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Review requested of the enclosed
From:       Troy Engel <tengel () sonic ! net>
Date:       1999-07-12 15:28:07

Richard Moore wrote:

> I'm not sure that the args given to ps will be portable, what about the
> differences between BSD style ps (eg. ps -aux or ps aux) and the System
> V style (eg. ps -ef)?

I had thought about it, and immediately discarded it as a major problem
-- I had to remember that we're instantly limited to the places RPM
itself is in use, and the BSD family didn't seem like it.  It
realistically seems to limit itself to linux, I think.

It appears to be a moot point, though -- as Stefan and Pietro have
pointed out, kpanel2 this is not needed.  I'm not sure if I should
invest the energy to put this into my RPMs if it's not really
forward-compatible (even though it's at least 6mo until KDE2).

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207