List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: questions, wishes, bugs
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-07-12 11:46:26

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Frank Baumgart wrote:
>Questions:
>
>Q1) what is the recommended version of qt to compile the head branch?
>    qt-2.0 or qt-2.1xx?

2.0 until the next stable Qt is release, I think.

>Wishes:
>
>W1) drop kdbg, take over ddd development

Such "wishes" don't fit here IMO. If someone wants to make a KDE port of ddd
this is fine, but to say someone should stop a project is really not ok and
unfair!

>    ddd is years ahead of kdbg in about every respect (features,
>    flexibility, stability, usability) without doubt so I can not see
>    much sense in creating an inferior debugger from scratch.
>    (well if the author has fun doing it...)

And that OpenSource developers have fun developling software is one of
the most important things!!!!!!!!!!!

>W2) when committing patches please make sure the whole thing at
>    least COMPILES :-(

I agree, but if it not compiles, fix it - it's an active development!

>W3) pay attention to usability aspects, KDE is quite poor in this
>    respect (e.g. kpanel REQUIRES a mouse - compare to MS Windows)

That will be improved soon.

>W4) drop "about KDE" in every "help" menu. Anyone thinks this is
>    particular useful?

I see no reason for that.

--
Reggie