List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 'make doc' (was:Re: Documentation standard ??)
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-07-07 17:04:06

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Michael Koch wrote:
> [snip]
> > > Have a look into current Linux distros, most if not all do not ship with KDE
> > > library docu...know why? Packagers are lazy ;) they don't want to download kdoc
> > > (kdesdk) and generate the docu by hand. Why not simply move kdoc into kdesupprt
> > > (its just a few KB) and add a 'docu' target to kdelibs/Makefile.am
> > > (Stephan?:) that automagically generates the docu?
> >
> > Arrgh.
> >
> > Where should the docu be saved ? How should it be available via apache (or
> > other www-server) ?
> >
> > The user has to decide this questions.
>
> If someone came up with good solutions to these problems, I'd have "make
> doc" in kdelibs in a flash. I haven't come up with one in over 2 years. :)
> Then again, my brain is addled.

Does the user really have to decide this? Lock at Qt, it simply installs the
API docu into $QTDIR/doc. Why not simply install the KDE API docu into
$KDEDIR/doc/en/libs. And by the way...it should be possible to add a
"--library-docu-prefix=" option to configure?!

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net