List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 'make doc' (was:Re: Documentation standard ??)
From:       Leon Widdershoven <leon () ipp387 ! ipp ! kfa-juelich ! de>
Date:       1999-07-07 15:23:18

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Matthias Elter wrote:

> Have a look into current Linux distros, most if not all do not ship with KDE
> library docu...know why? Packagers are lazy ;) they don't want to download kdoc
> (kdesdk) and generate the docu by hand. Why not simply move kdoc into kdesupprt
> (its just a few KB) and add a 'docu' target to kdelibs/Makefile.am
> (Stephan?:) that automagically generates the docu?

I agree that kdoc should be in one of the packages. I think kdebase
would be fine. Or maybe kdelibs.

About creating the docu automatically, there is this program
makekdedocs (or something like that) in the kdoc package.
It needs to know where to find the qt index and where the
libs are, and in kdelibs/ there needs to be a file describing
the directory structure to process (or something like that,
the man page is very clear). So this would not even be so
hard.

Leon

---
Leon Widdershoven