The problem I have reported is a gdb 4.18 bug. I have found a patch on the mailing list. Feel free to contact me if you have the same problem. -- Pietro At 11.25 05/07/99 +0200, Pietro Iglio wrote: >Since I installed gdb 4.18 I get the error message in the subject when I >try to invoke any overloaded method from gdb. > >For example: > >(gdb) p fi->fileName() >Cannot resolve method QFileInfo::fileName() to any overloaded instance > >There is no problem, however, to print the value of member variables (eg. >fi->fn). > >Qt 2.0 has been built with -shared -debug. >The program I'm debugging has been compiled with -g enabled >(I haven't configured with --enable-debug, but I suppose that the effect >is the same). I'm running SuSE 6.1. > >-- Pietro