At 20.44 05/07/99 -0400, Cristian Tibirna wrote: >Hi Preston > >Could you leave us a micro-note about the status of the .desktop standard >and its acception by Gnome people? > >It would be nice > >1) to make a common announcement >2) to publish the standard >3) to include it in development documentation - in order to avoid >unclarities as the one below ... and it's important to specify how it is possible to understand whether a file is a desktop file or not. - should we check the extension? - should we look at the first line? - ...? Greetings, -- Pietro