List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Replacement for "Where do you want to go tomorrow?" tooltip...
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-07-07 1:36:21

Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I don't consider marketing babble apropriate here. The version
> > of KDE should be somewhere in an About box. This menu thing
> > should just have a descriptive tooltip.
> >
> > "K system menu"?
> > "KDE Menu"?
> > "KDE Start Menu"?
> > "KDE Launch Menu"?
>
> Following up to myself:
>
> I think "KDE a la Carte" is pretty good. Reasonably descriptive
> and not so boring.
>
> And most of all it doesn't need to be translated!

Err... I had to think a bit on just what "a la carte" had to do with the K
menu.  One would presume that if we, KDE geeks, have to think about it, that
new users will be mystified UNTIL they actually see what it is.  If that is
the case, then the label was useless.

I vote for "K System Menu" or just "System Menu" but wouldn't object to "KDE
Start Menu"
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth