List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTMainWindow & LayoutHint event
From:       Nicolas Hadacek <hadacek () via ! ecp ! fr>
Date:       1999-07-06 11:06:22

Chris Schlaeger wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 08:41:41AM +0200, Nicolas Hadacek wrote:

> > I use a main widget which use a layout with a Fixed resize mode.
> > It seems that calling updateRects() from resizeEvent() [which is done in
> > KTMainWindow] is not sufficient to get the right size of the
> > application.
> > I need to intercept LayoutHint event (with implementing event()) and to
> > call
> > updateRects() each time I encounter such an event ...
> >
> > should KTMainWindow intercepts itself such event ? or should I modify
> > in some way my application to do the right thing ?
>
> No, you should not need to do this. Can you run the little test
> program kdelibs/kdetest/kwindowtest and see if you have any
> problems? It uses a fixed-size view widget and it works fine here.

well I will investigate.
the problem is that I never set the size of the widget : the layout does
all the stuff. On certain action the size of the widgets in the layout
can change ... but
it appears that resize events are not accurate enough to get a correct
size ...

I will try to do a simple example to demonstrate the problem.

Nicolas