List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Replacement for "Where do you want to go tomorrow?" tooltip...
From:       Leon Widdershoven <l.widdershoven () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       1999-07-05 19:00:15

Mario Weilguni wrote:

> At Mon, 05 Jul 1999 Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> > > Well, I think that a nifty slogan is still ok. Maybe with a reference to
> > > our Go-Button. Something like "Go for the future of computing today"?!
> > >

> > I personally would prefer an informative thing: like "Desktop Functions"
> > or the version of KDE in use (complete with build number and build date).
> > But if not, let's be consistent and use the voted slogan: "Color outside
> > the lines". This matches with the code name of the release.
>
> Yes please use that slogan.
>
> For the version thing: ever K-Application has "About KDE", and this is the
> place where version number belongs into. This is really important for the next
> release, because I hate to get bug reports without version numbers. Itīs simply
> a must, especially if we release CVS snapshots and interim versions.
>
> Ciao,
>         Mario

I agree that the version number belongs in the About box.
The About KDE should have the KDE version number,
the About FOO the version number of FOO

But I do still think that the tooltip should be descriptive,
and "Color outside the lines" is typically not.

"KDE System Menu" should do, I think. Though I don't know if it
is a system menu, an application menu, a miscelaneous menu,
whatever. Maybe "A la carte" is a better choice:)

Whatever the outcome, I hope it will be descriptive.

Leon

--
In a world without walls and fences,  l.widdershoven@fz-juelich.de
who needs Windows and Gates?          Institute of Plasma physics (IPP)