List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: localkdedir, kde_appsdir() obsolete...
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-05 14:52:20

Pietro Iglio wrote:
> >No. You could have "global/group/local" but also "global/local" or
> >"local" or "global/group1/group2/group3/local".
> >
> >I guess you can get an ordered list of all prefixes. Not sure if
> >there is already a function for that. Only an application that
> >wants to do some configuring based on these various groups
> >could possibly be interested in this. Are you sure you need this
> >in kpanel?
>
> kpanel builds a global menu and a personal menu. I don't think
> that we want to introduce other levels (two menus are already
> confusing for some users).
> Could you explain me how can I build, for example, the personal
> menu if there is no library function that returns ".kde/share/applnk?

You can use locateLocal("applnk", "") to get that directory.
(Assuming that applnk is a known type. Otherwise you have to make
it.)

You could also consider to look for files for the global menu
in "applnk/global" and in "applnk/personal" for personal files.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE, A New Millennium, A New Desktop                      http://www.kde.org