List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Editor for .kdelnk/.desktop files
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-07-05 11:10:55

At 12.55 05/07/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Am Mon, 05 Jul 1999 schrieb Pietro Iglio:
>> Is there any GUI editor for .kdelnk/.desktop files? For example, if I want
>> to change an icon for an application or a bookmark, can I use something
>> that is not a text editor?
>
>You can use the KFM/Konqueror property-dialog.

The icon example was a bad one. If you use the KFM/Konqueror property dialog
to edit an application file (any file under share/applnk), you can edit only
a subset of the possible entries. For example, you cannot edit entries such
as DocPath, Terminal, and so on.
I guess that you have the same limitation for other types of desktop files.
The KFM/Konq property dialog shows only the intersection of possible entries
for all types.

We should use property dialogs that extend the konqueror dialog. Is anybody
working on this?

-- Pietro

PS: kmenuedit has a property editor for application files, but kmenuedit is
deprecated and, anyway, we need something that can be shared between
--at least-- kpanel and konqueror.