On Fri, 02 Jul 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: >On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 01:01:30PM +0200, Matt Koss wrote: > > >> >> BTW, is NetMgr suitable for ISDN connections ? >> >> I am writing kisdn everywhere, but I still don't know if it can be used >> >> here. > >generally - yes. Currently, kisdn has no commandline options to >connect/disconnect. You just could send it a USR1 to connect or HUP to >disconnect. But we still have plans to make a commandline version of >kisdn. Great. > >> > Both actions setup a timer. If timer expires, connecting (or >> > disconnecting) is considered failed. Clients which have requested so, >> > gets informed about failure (or success) via the NetMgr-notify-system. >> >> That's nice, but how will it interfere with kppp / kisdn ? >> AFAIK kppp has it's own timer for failure detection. I don't know 'bout kisdn. > >If a connection can't be established, kisdn notices this. However, there >is currently no way to find out, whether authentication failed or passed, >or if the handshake of the ipppd worked properly. kisdn just knows if the >(physical) connection is up or not. There is a timeout after which kisdn >'assumes' everything went ok, tho. I guess that first we will create something and then we'll make this totally cooperative with kppp and kisdn, so that users will benefit from it. > >I'm all for this KNetManager, and we definitely want to help making >this stuff work properly. That's good to hear. I guess that kppp people will do the same. Regards Matt >Cheers, >Carsten Pfeiffer >-- >http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/ -- Matej Koss e-mail: koss@napri.sk Kosice ICQ# : 19344305 Slovakia