List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AW: kpackage: QString function calls?
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-01 16:06:06

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Thomas Kordelle wrote:
> >
> > I think the whole thing must be rewritten. There are many other
> > things in kdeadmin that do not compile with KDE-2.0.
> >
> > Bye Thomas
>
> I've rewritten parts of kpackage and am in contact with the author
> (who is away this week). The current version of kpackage as in
> CVS is supposed to work both in KDE1.1 as well as 2.0.

Oh oh. I had to introduce ConstIterator instead of const_iterator (or
something)  last week and it's still not compilable.

> I have suggested to make two seperate branches since this allows some
> major rewrite (e.g. move from char * to QString).

I would support this move. The program is heavily relying on i18n()
returning char*. I saw a lot of parts that could be rewritten much more
elegantly with QString references.

Harri.