List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release (Week 6)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-06-30 13:07:21

     1. Start of release		Week 1

     2. Application Freeze       	     4
==>
     3. Translations                         6

     4. Source release                       8

     5. Final release                        9

TODO: FREEZE THE KDE_1_1_BRANCH

Please consider the libraries in the KDE_1_1_BRANCH to be
frozen! The KDE core applications are also frozen.

This means that changes to the code are only allowed if

- they fix critical bugs
- they have been approved by at least two developers

Changes that do not match these criteria will be reverted.

Exceptions from this rule are only translations,
documentations and additions by the artists team.

TODO: Test the KDE_1_1_BRANCH

Now that the code is frozen, please check it out and test it
on as many machines and OSes as possible to ensure everything
is working.

CRITICAL:

- Output of the team currently know as the "Artist Team"

I talked to Thorsten Rahn about the timeframe for the hicolor
icons. His estimation is that they will not be finished in our
scheduled timeframe. As he is reluctant to release an
incomplete set of icons, we decided to release 1.1.2 when the
icons are ready.

FOR NON-ARTISTS: We will follow the release plan as closely as
possible nevertheless. As the icons will not need code
changes, we can add them after all translations are done etc.
So please proceed as planned. Starting ext week the
translations should be brought uptodate, if this is necessary.

Bye,
Matthias.