List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Report from LinuxTag 99
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-28 19:21:31

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> To avoid any missunderstandings: I talked mainly about Open Source philosophies
> and why Mozilla, though everything looked just great according to this theories,
> failed as open source project. For further analysis, I compard it with KDE
> (naturally, since that's the project I'm most familiar with) and other
> successful efforts like Linux itself, Apache and, most certainly, the GIMP.

Thanks for clarifying! I was simply to lazy to provide more details
myself.

> The LinuxTag as Germany's largest meeting of Linux users (~7000, to be
> precise) offered a good opportunity to do this :)

I even think it was Europes biggest Linux show whatsoever.

How big was the biggest pure Linux Show worldwide sofar?

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.