On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote: > > On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Martin Konold wrote: > > > > Does this implicitly mean that GNOME will use different semantics for > > .desktop files compared to KDE? (I am refering to the stuff Preston put a > > lot of effort in) > > > > AFAIK the spec that Preston & Co. did doesn't say anything about object > activation, it's just for menu entries. If that's not true then disregard > me. > You're right. Right now, CORBA-specific entries in .desktop files are prefixed with 'X-KDE-' or 'X-' as the standard requires, thus are KDE specific. If we would agree on something in this direction, those prefixes could be dropped of course. Cristian