On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote: > We considered this at some length for the Gnome solution. IIRC the reason > is simply that .desktop files are for menu entries and icons; this goal > does not correspond one-to-one with what you want for activation. That is, > there are servers that certainly don't need an icon, and executables that > implement lots of different servers, etc. Does this implicitly mean that GNOME will use different semantics for .desktop files compared to KDE? (I am refering to the stuff Preston put a lot of effort in) Regards, -- martin // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany // KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.