List:       kde-devel
Subject:    .directory entries not wanted
From:       Mark Roberts <maroberts () dial ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1999-06-27 19:37:43

Is there any way of turning off creation of these files in every
directory listed by KDE ?

This is a feature I'd like to see disappear - nothing should be entered
in a directory unless the user wants it to change. If there is no
.directory entry KFM should just assume the default, not create one.

An example of a place where it's inconvenient is when I'm editing the
contents of locations like directories for my ftp and web server.

I'm using KDE 1.1.1 RPMS if that makes any difference. If it is going in
KDE 2.0 all is forgiven.

Regards

Mark Roberts