List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: KDE Linux Packaging Project - Redhat archives
From:       Troy Engel <tengel () sonic ! net>
Date:       1999-06-26 18:32:17

In case you haven't caught the news, I've joined forces with Ivan E.
Moore II of the KDE/Debian packaging project to form the new KDE Linux
Packaging Project (http://kde.tdyc.com).  Ivan is still getting all the
web items in place, but I think the ftp archives are ready to be used.

All packages previously at my ISP account have been transferred to:

ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde/redhat

Here is the current list of all packages available (note: most have been
packaged by me, a few are from outside folks, more welcome!):

aktion-0.3.6
amor-0.5
kcmlaptop-0.82
kdbg-0.3.1
kdevelop-0.4
kdevelop-c_c++_ref-0.1
kdiff-0.83
kdoc-1.17
keasycd-0.1.8
khotkeys-1.0.1
kless-1.4.8
klicq-0.61.2
klm-0.5.0
kmodbox-0.4.0
kmpg-0.5.0a
knewmail-3.1
knsbookmark-0.3.0
kpackage-1.3.2
kpackviewer-0.70
krabber-0.4.1
kreatecd-0.2.2
kruiser-0.3
ksamba-0.3.3
ktail-0.4.3
ktop-1.0.0
ktranslator-0.5.0
kvirc-0.9.0
WebMaker-0.8.5

KDE authors, feel free to contact me if you'd like a package built and
I'll do my best.  If you already have a package built by me, and your
hompage currently points to my ISP ftp space, *please* take a moment and
change it to point to it's new home.  I am no longer going to be
updating my ISP space, only the new ftp site - expect the ISP space to
disappear after awhile.

All packages are built with a basic set of guidelines where possible:

- default prefix is /opt/kde, but is relocateable
- .src.rpm is rebuildable by non-root, and respects $KDEDIR
- file inclusion lists are dynamically driven to facilitate new version
releases
- no beta KDE-base code is used, only released stuffs (currently KDE
1.1.1, Qt 1.44)
- rebuilt .src.rpm packages clean up after themselves completely

KDE/Redhat packagers, if you'd like to help just send an email - we aim
to make the site a one-stop-shopping place for all your pre-packaged
program needs.  All I personally ask is if you try to use the same
generic guidelines as above while making your packages.  If you'd like a
nice template, install the 'amor' .src.rpm package and look at the SPEC
-- it's the one I use every time, as amor is a perfect example. :)

thanks!
-te

PS: bug reports are also welcome :P

--