Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > > > If the normal user is the owner of the machine, he/she will be > > the one who has to do the system configuration. kppp, kisdn et al. > > are ways to make this part of the configuration easier. > > They could make it even easier if they were smart enough to > use the system's native configuration files instead of > proprietary crap. In fact, if you already have a chat script > (as is usually the case at many german universities), then > using kppp is _more_ difficult than e. g. using Debian's > ppp-config and copying the chat script into the system > config. ?? I think you're getting something wrong here. kppp is meant to be usable especially for those who *don't* want to go trough the trouble setting up a chat script. If you already have a working chat&pppd script, that's fine. Why switch ? And don't forget that the possibilities of chat are quite limited. It can't be used for my university's server for example. Harri.