List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Daemon for managing dialup internetconnections now
From:       Miguel de Icaza <miguel () gnu ! org>
Date:       1999-06-24 22:22:02

I do believe that the CORBA approach for connection information is
bloated.  When the GNOME hackers wanted to do this I advised them on
this matter.

You basically want a standard location on the file system to keep
track of this information by a root-ran process.  No need for anything
else.

If you want to reuse code for ppp, look at
gnome-network/gnome-ppp/libgnome_ppp which has all the implementation
bits that you might want to use.

Miguel.