Stefan Taferner wrote: > > On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > David Black wrote: > > > At the end of the day I don't like using minimize and > > > maximize because the terms make them sound like opposite > > > functionalities but in fact they are simply different things. > > > I think that a more sensible terminology might be > > > Maximize and restore for window sizing > > > and > > > Show and Hide for window management. > > > > > > But then again everyones mileage will vary. But one thing > > > is for sure, to most people iconify will appear quirky at best and > > > baffling at worst. > > > > This makes sense. Let's go for show/hide then. > > However, the word "minimize" is common language now, not only > in the M$ corner. > > --Stefan Oh I in no way disagree with this. I just don't like it. It's rather like toolbar buttons with drop down menu's, I simply think that they are stupid. You have a toolbar to accelerate access to common menu items, then what do you do, you go and tack a menu on that! Just a personal rant mind you, not a critiscism!