List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A question on terminology (fwd)
From:       Stefan van den Oord <s.m.vandenoord () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-06-24 14:31:25

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Jo Dillon wrote:
>   Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they mean different things to us
> by that? Their windows minimise to the titlebars and back, rather than
> disappearing altogether.

That's something else. Indeed, they have that functionality. In KDE,
it is called "shade" and "unshade". I don't know what it is called in
MacOS. But MacOS also has a special menu (at the right of the
menubar, in the top of the screen) with all running application. That
menu has entries to hide and show applications. Selecting "hide"
there will make the application go away entirely; it only remains in
that list of running apps.

--
Stefan van den Oord
s.m.vandenoord@student.utwente.nl