On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote: > David Black wrote: > > At the end of the day I don't like using minimize and > > maximize because the terms make them sound like opposite > > functionalities but in fact they are simply different things. > > I think that a more sensible terminology might be > > Maximize and restore for window sizing > > and > > Show and Hide for window management. > > > > But then again everyones mileage will vary. But one thing > > is for sure, to most people iconify will appear quirky at best and > > baffling at worst. > > This makes sense. Let's go for show/hide then. However, the word "minimize" is common language now, not only in the M$ corner. --Stefan