List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail reply-bug
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-06-24 13:09:34

Stefan Taferner wrote:

> Yes. But as our Kde lists happen to set it, it is *very* handy
> to use it.
> Otherwise you would not get the list as the receiver if you
> press reply.
> :-)
>
> I know that it is not RFC compilant what kmail does, and that there
> should be at least an option to turn it off ;-)

The kde lists set the Reply-To: header. That should be used.
If the list doesn't set it, it is broken and should be fixed.
Putting this in the mailer is wrong IMHO.

If you really want you could perhaps add a "reply to list"
option which uses this feature. However, it depends pretty
much on the software used to run the mailinglist.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE, A New Millennium, A New Desktop                      http://www.kde.org