List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tracking allocated memory (was: Tracking memory leaks -- advice
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-06-24 10:23:53

Pietro Iglio wrote:

> However, it seems that there is another memory leak in
> KPanel::setLabelDate(), in line:
>

> label_date->setText(QString(dayline)+QString(timeline)+QString(dateline));
>
> Can anyone explain why this command is leaving unfreed memory? Is it a
> Qt memory leak?

I'm currently debugging the 1.1. branch so my answer might not be
correct for your question:

Yes. set_label_date() leaks. But not due to the above line. It's the
QToolTip::add() that allocates too much memory on each call under
certain circumstances (I've sent an example to snapshot-users@troll.no
last night). I suspect that the routine should restrain from calling
connecting a signal to the widget each time. The fix I had on my disk
help with the example program but not with kpanel (that has more tool
tips as you said above).

Harri.