List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: STL -> QTL
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       1999-06-24 9:38:03

   Hi!

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 06:04:01PM -0700, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> > Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Due to a compiler bug I always have to manually
> > fiddle with the headers when compiling mico. On my last attempt I forgot
> > --disable-mini-stl and after fixing that I'm back to 4424500 :(. About
> > the same as your data.
>
> Have you tried -fnew-abi (and/or all the other options the gcc 2.95pre
> stuff offers)?

And have you used the libc++ that ships with gcc2.95, or the one that is
being written right now (which you can download seperately as snapshot,
I guess it was something like 2.9.5, but as I said, I couldn't get mico
compile with that). Anyway, I read somewhere that the new libc++ snapshots
also don't include too much optimizations yet - whatever. If we could
manage to have ministl in a seperate namespace, it isn't critical anymore,
since we can then use ministl for mico (which should be 99% of the stl
code/bloat in KDE anyway), and look if the egcs people come up with better
libs in further versions of egcs.

People like me, who want to use stl then can compile their apps even with
a "less bloated thanks ministl" KDE2.

   Cu... Stefan