List:       kde-devel
Subject:    lt_dl stuff does not work
From:       Mario Weilguni <mweilguni () sime ! com>
Date:       1999-06-23 18:53:18

When playing around with the animated menu stuff (which is now pluggable as
shared library), I noticed that the lt_dl interface does not work correctly.
The installed libtool files (libkdemenuslide.la) had
dlname=''
in it, and so lt_dlopen did not work. I replaced it with
dlname='libmenukdeslide.so'
and it worked fine.

So, am I using a wrong autoconf/automake/libtool version, or does my
Makefile.am miss an important entry for libraries, or is this simply a bug?

Here's the relevant part of the Makefile:
APPSDIR = $(kde_appsdir)/Utilities
INCLUDES= $(all_includes)

# SUBDIRS =

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libkdemenuscale.la \
		  libkdemenuslide.la \
		  libkdemenualpha.la

libkdemenuscale_la_SOURCES = effect_scaling.cpp
libkdemenuslide_la_SOURCES = effect_sliding.cpp
libkdemenualpha_la_SOURCES = effect_alpha.cpp

bin_PROGRAMS = kanimatedmenus

kanimatedmenus_SOURCES = main.cpp toplevel.cpp kanimatedmenu.cpp

kanimatedmenus_METASOURCES = USE_AUTOMOC
kanimatedmenus_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH)

kanimatedmenus_LDADD   = -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt -lXext -lX11 $(LIBSOCKET)

DISTCLEANFILES = $()

Any ideas?

Mario

--