List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mail/News composer proposal
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-06-23 17:01:02

On 23-Jun-99 Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:
>
>> We're discussing this on kde-pim and I'm implementing a vCard library.
>> kdenonbeta/empath/vCard has a fairly recent version.
>
> 1) Why don't I receive anything from kde-pim? (were there any traffic
> yesterday?)

There wasn't any traffic. There's only three of us there, I think.

> 2) Did you check korganizer? Preston implemented some vCalendar/vCard(?)
> support veeery long time ago.

I thought it was just vCalendar. I'll have another look.

>> The compose widget I've done is pretty simple and flexible (you can choose
>> which headers get edited). It also does the external-editor thing. The
>> addressbook is accessed by pressing a button at the end of a lineedit. This
>> button only appears for header types that are address/mailbox.
>
> Completion feature a la kmail?

Yes, this will be done.

> ???? Are you aware of libKAB? It's supposed to provide kab API with *only*
> optional GUI (at least Mirko discussed this looong with Mike Pilone and
> Preston)

I didn't know there was a non-GUI version.

> Does empath have support for normal mbox? (sorry, it doesn't compile on my
> machine)

No. I'm not doing it as I'm not going to be responsible for losing mail.

BTW, Empath should compile everywhere. You should have virtually no warnings.
Please tell me what happens when you try to compile it ! I can't have people
being unable to compile it - I have tried very hard to make it completely
portable and give almost no warnings even.

Cheers,
Rik

--
KDE - Colour outside the lines  : http://www.kde.org