List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE Plotting widget
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-23 16:34:46

I've seen some messages recently about Goose and Guppi.  I've recently
been working on a plotting widget that may be of interest to the people
discussing these things.  I was, unfortuantely, unaware of Goose and Guppi
when I started, so I'm not using any of their code.

Here's the dscription:  KPlot (maybe KPlotWidget would be better) is
a widget which uses QwSpriteField to display plots, axes, text labels,
etc. which can be selected, moved, edited, etc by the user.  Basically,
it's an interactive plotting widget.  A feature of note is that everything
on the page (potentially multiple plots) is sized in proportion to the
size of the page so that WYSIWIG printing is possible (and indeed
available through a QwPrinterSpriteFieldView widget).

I'm writing this with plans to use it in a redesign/rewrite of KLab based
on CORBA.  (KLab = KPlot + RLab + a bunch of .r files for plotting, etc.)

If anyone is interested in the KPlot code, I'll send it to you.  It's not
CORBA-ized yet, but it does parametric plots and color matrix-map plots.
Adding more plot types is trivial, so they will come soon.

Dave