List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktop
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-23 11:14:00

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> > Well, nevertheless you'd drop all above mentioned advantages with this,
> > and IMHO they're not that bad.
>
> Why?

Number 1) is obvious I think. (the Connection/Slave classes from
kio_connection.h might help to re-use code though)

I admit that Number 2) is a matter of taste. It depends on whether you let
the client app require to link against idl generated code or a library.

For number 3) it might be more likely that KScript gets kded support
anyway, rather than extra support for the extra lib. (and CORBA support is
builtin already!)
But this also depends on Torben's decisions (as maintainer/author) about
KScript extensions in general. (Perhaps it's possible to make KScript load
a KSModule dynamically, just like with Mosfet's KStyle stuff?)

Number 4) depends on the design of your lib, although I guess that it
might be a re-invention of the wheel, because the mechanism is already
available..

Ciao,
  Simon

--
I bought a cheap virus-killer from Mickeysoft for only $400, now I got rid
of the .signature virus! ;-)