On 6/22/99, 10:57:56 AM, Waldo Bastian wrote regarding Re: QString or QCString for file names?: > Pietro Iglio wrote: > > > > It is my understanding that any string that can be displayed must be > > of type QString. My question is: can I use QCString for file names > > and paths? > Yes, but why would you? I'm trying to optimize kpanel resource requirements (memory/cpu usage). There are many string operations on file names (concatenation, substring, etc), that are performed on QStrings. I was wondering if we can gain something replacing QStrings with QCStrings wherever it is possible. > In my opinion it is by far the easiest if you just use QStrings for > everything _UNLESS_ you have a very good reason for not doing so. Did anyone measured the performance impact using unicode rather than old-style strings? If it is minimal, I'll feel much more relaxed when using QString for everything :-) -- Pietro