My first thouhght is perhaps you're using an old version of egcs? On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote: > Ok, seeing as people are talking about using namespaces, I'm presuming it's ok > to use them now. > > I had a class which I was using as a namespace, with some enums, static > methods, and some of this: > static const QCString monthNames[] > > I define the above in the .cpp file: > > const QCString RMM::monthNames[] = { "Jan", "Feb" ... } > > Now if I change the class to a namespace: > > namespace RMM { > > static const QCString monthNames[]; > ... > > }; > > While the .cpp is still compiled to an object, and it's unchanged, I get > undefined reference on linking to the QCString arrays. > > The enums are ok, the static methods are converted to non-static, and they're > ok, it's just the arrays. > > Anyone know what I'm doing wrong ? > > Note: Putting 'using RMM;' at the top of the .cpp doesn't work. Should it ? I'm > just leaving the 'RMM::' on everything for now. - alex