List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Mail/News composer proposal
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-06-22 23:26:20

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Sven Radej wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>(...)
>>I suppose. But look at it this way: the code has to be written (or rather,
>>is already written in several places). This just makes it easily
>>accessible by other programs.
>
>Hmm... plain editors like kedit widget or kwrite are not enough; We need a good
>HTML editor which can produce WYSIWYG HTML - at least subset. Since that will
>be big, it must be separate/Open Part.

What's about KWord :-P I just imported a HTML export filter. The guy who wrote
it, did it in plain C and it's quite unstable. I'll make a C++ class out of it
and use Qt for strings and containers in the next days. This will make it much
more stable and easier to find bugs ;-)

But, I guess KWord is a bit too much for a news/mail composer. A real good
candiate IMO would be Matthias' QML editor (will be in Qt 2.1).

--
Reggie