List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mail/News composer proposal
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-06-22 21:22:16

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been thinking a bit, and had this idea.
> Why don't we make a separate app to compose email and news?
>
> Sort of a specialized editor (plus support for external editor).
>
> I don't see any reason to have that bundled with the reader itself, and
> since there are at least 4 mail/news readers in development, it's quite a
> bit of code reuse.
>
> Am I missing anything obvious?

Addressbook. Should be possible to add to it from readers and get from it
in composer. This would means either:

- enfore use of standard desktop AB (kab ?)
- bundle addressbook with composer and enforce all readers use it
- define a common interface and have all readers comply, then learn
composer use the reader-of-choice's internal addressbook.

Cristian
... completely off-mind? ...