List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Mail/News composer proposal
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-06-22 14:57:57

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been thinking a bit, and had this idea.
> > Why don't we make a separate app to compose email and news?
> >
> > Sort of a specialized editor (plus support for external editor).
> >
> > I don't see any reason to have that bundled with the reader itself, and
> > since there are at least 4 mail/news readers in development, it's quite a
> > bit of code reuse.
> >
> > Am I missing anything obvious?
>
> I like your idea very much!
>
> Why not make it a general CORBA editor component?
>
> I would *love* to see KWrite (just as example) as global available editor,
> so that apps like KDevelop, KRN, KMail, Empath, KExpress could re-use
> code. And by making other editors implement the CORBA interface, too, you
> can let the _user_ decide about his favourite editor for composing,
> writing, whatever :-)
>
> It just needs a start IMHO ...

I'd say to just start with a traditional program, and turn it into a CORBA
server later (that should not be a hell of a lot of work).

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)