List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: next big KConfig change
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-06-18 21:24:02

Johannes Sixt wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >I have on my hard disc a quite big change in the way
> >KConfig works in KDE. [...]
> >
> >I will need some time to test it, but I want to apologize
> >right now as I'm sure I'll break something :)
>
> As long as the application can read and write its own configuration files in
> any location it likes, using KSimpleConfig or similar. For example, when kdbg
> debugs a program, it stores a configuration file in the directory of the
> program (to keep breakpoint locations etc).

Well, it can. Even with normal KConfig. The argument for KConfig is put
through a KStandardDirs::findAllResources("config"), which returns the
file
itself with it's an absolute pathname.

Anyway, the difference between KSimpleConfig and KConfig is _very_
small.
I would even say, we should move the deleteEntry function to KConfig and
remove KSimpleConfig. I mean, KConfig can write to two files, appnamerc
and
kdeglobals - it would be very simple to either have a isGlobal argument
deleteEntry or try both.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb