List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release (Week 4)
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-06-18 13:32:54

> as kdevelop, kdbg will be delivered in one package (that is the
> intention, right ?)

Why should they? There is no reason to couple the release
cycle of programs which are really independent from each
other. And this applies even more to kdoc. It would be
really weird to be forced to download a package of several
megabytes for getting kdoc, which is completely independent
from KDE. The package is even platform-independent!

> Further, I will add an option to create set of postscript handbooks from
> the kdelibs from the sources besides the automatic html generation for
> the kdevelop helpviewer the next days, so developers can print out the
> kdelibs documentation easily.

BTW: The html generation is really something which belongs into
the package management. With the kdoc.rules files in kdelibs
and the qt2doc and makekdedoc programs it should be easy to
make a package kdelibs-doc.

> Also, all programs in this package should install in the applications
> folder in a subfolder that contains the new package name, e.g.

A major item 'Development' at the top level would seem more
appropriate to me.

Bernd.