List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Mail headers: advice needed.
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-06-18 11:06:31

Please advice:

KMail when replying sets header "References" in which it puts msg-id of the
original message (i.e. of message to which we reply now).

Pine sets the same thing in "In-Reply-To"

Question:
1.) Should I add the header "In-Reply-To" with original message ID (clone
"References") as Pine does? Gnus v5.5 does it this way:
Is this wrong? Is it important after all?

2) I saw that some mails have more references in "References" header. Where to
they come from? I mean you can reply to only one mail at a time.

3) I have reason to belive that "X-Loop" should in no circumstances end in To:,
Cc: or Bcc: field. Am I right?

I am looking for sponzor to reward people who answer correctly to my questions
;-)

  --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org