List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Remembrance Agents
From:       Marco Iannacone <ianna () pippo ! com>
Date:       1999-06-10 8:56:32

Bradley,
I read the announcment of RA
(http://rhodes.www.media.mit.edu/people/rhodes/RA/) on Freshmeat and I
think that what you are doing is really great.

I think the the current GUI are not really *stupid proof*...

I think the desktop metaphore is NOT the final answer and definitely could
be enhanced a lot with agents and bots that help the user. I'm speaking
about every kind of intelligent agents
that assist the user in search things on the Net, on their computer,
maintain the PC itself (increasing filesystems, archiving and zipping log
files, etc.). PC could be even used to automate stuff in people houses
(home automation).

I'm happy that MIT is working on that and I was wondering if this could
team up with effort to build enhanced free GUI like KDE (http:www.kde.org/)
that are good and open and willing better address the end user needs.

I'm ccying this to Slashdot, LWN, Freshmeat and KDE-devel maintainer 'cause
I'm curious to hear what other people think about this.

best regards,

Marco Iannacone