Peter Harvey wrote: > > What about coming up with applications that would use these interfaces > > first ? ;) > > unixODBC already has two, Qt, based tools which could be brought into KDE in > short order. ODBCConfig and the DataManager. Features from these two tools > could be stripped out and put into the Control Center to allow ODBC to be > easily configured in KDE. Peter, this would be excellent. > I think Lars may also be working on an ODBC based tool using Qt? > > I don't think any of these tools use odbc++ right now but I am sure that > one... possibly two tools, based upon odbc++, could come out of this mix. > > I would suggest a; > > 1. a config tool in Control Center > 2. a standalone data manager tool In fact, that's the minimal visual client infrastructure requiered. Since i'm working on a odbc++ based data manager tool, porting 2. onto odbc++ is not necessary. Both of these tools would allow to test the odbc layer, which is a value in itself. 1. should clearly go into the Control Center. The data browser should be added to kdebase also (kdeutil would also be a possible place, but evtl. a little too far apart). None of these need to be really sophisticated, they are plain driver configuration/test tools. > I would be willing to do the work to get ODBC config into the Control > Center. And I'm willing to support this effort. Lars