List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mm shared memory library evaluation (Re: Bloating)
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-06-08 0:04:18

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

> <pbrown@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I am currently evaluating the mm shared memory library by Ralf
> > Engelschall and the Apache project et. al.
>
> how big is it? are the c++ bindings for it available?

The shared library (stripped, optimized) on intel is a measly 18k.  There
are no C++ bindings that I know of.  It supports just about every unix
under the sun through abstraction to the shared memory model that the unix
supports, be that sysv ipc, mmap, etc.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.