Hi, I just hacked together some stuff for a CORBA client and server for wordnet. Wordnet is an "online lexical reference system". Just think of it as some kind of dictionary with less explanations but more information like word familiarity, synonyms etc. Now I´d like to know (from our CORBA experts) if this concept is a good idea or if I´m on the wrong track (the arrows just mean "uses"): Wordnet C API ^ | | kwordnet_corba_server <-- any (non-KDE) CORBA app ^ | | kwordnet ^ | | any KDE app What I´ve written (well, started with) are corba_kwordnet_server and kwordnet. corba_kwordnet_server should be accessible by any CORBA app, not only by KDE apps. kwordnet is a GUI app that lets the user query for words. It should be available as a standalone app and it should be accessible by other KDE apps. Now I wonder if it makes sense to implement kwordnet as a "Part", like KImage and the other KOffice parts? I guess nobody really wants to embed a wordnet frontend (at least not the way you embed an image). Is it already possible with kded to use CORBA services on remote machines? (BTW, I´m currently not using kded at all, but the ´get id from file´ hack as shown in the mico documentation). I´d like to hear your comments. Just in case you think this app is boring and nobody needs it: You´re wrong :-) It might actually become quite cool, because a) CORBA really makes sense here (no big dictionary on your local machine) b) maybe the same concept can be used for a CORBA based spellchecker? If you´d like to help, the most important thing I need (and I can´t do that) is a working ./configure. If you´re curious and don´t mind code that´s a total mess, you can download it at http://mini.gt.owl.de/~dnaber/kwordnet/kwordnet-0.1.tar.gz (360 kb, but it´s actually only few lines of code. glibc2.0 binaries are included). Requirements: KDE 1.1, Qt 1.4x, mico 2.2.6 (2.2.3 might work), wordnet (http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/w3wn.html), note: wordnet is about 13 MB to download. TIA Daniel -- PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D 7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A