List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LIB_KFM
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-03 19:18:10

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> BTW: wasn't it planned to share the data between kpanel, kdesktop and
> konqueror?
> As far as I understood the debug info each and every application starts
> parsing
> >from scratch.

Yes, and it's not only planned, it's reality IMO.

kded

In fact KOffice uses this functionality already :-)
(and it will use more of it, as soon as I can commit my latest KOffice
patches to make tools&filters work again (..but unfortunately I can't
commit because of a Qt bug)

KTrader is veryvery easy to use, and it's veryvery powerful, because of
the fact that you can specify constraints and preferences.

So for service data (not servicetype data) KTrader is the best choice IMO,
not only because it shares this data in whole KDE but also because it's
easy to use.

(just my opinion :)

Ciao,
  Simon