List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LIB_KFM
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-06-03 15:57:28

On Thu, 03 Jun 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
(...)
>This explain the memory consumption of kpanel I guess ;)
Hm?
>BTW: wasn't it planned to share the data between kpanel, kdesktop and
>konqueror?
Well it was my idea - either that or to have daemon which holds whole
database and serves requests for bindings, icons, ...
Shared memory was off, since it is complicated, non-standard, etc.
However, may I remind everyone to check about that portable shared memory lib
made for Apache?

--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org