List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm selections
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-06-03 14:26:38

David Faure wrote:
> Yes it's here NOW, but it's out already. Ok, 1.1.2 is coming, but it's
> stupid IMHO to implement new features in 1.1.2's kfm, and then drop them
> altogether.
[snip]
> Sorry, I don't have time for both.
> I even don't have enough time for Konqueror alone !
>
> arrogant ? Because I spend my nights on konqueror instead of feature-freezed
> kfm ?  No thanks.

No no no.  Sorry if you thought I was saying that you should work on kfm
instead of konqueror.  You're doing an awesome job on that and should keep
on doing it!

The original author was saying that he wanted to add features to kfind to
work on a bunch of selected files (definitely a worthwhile feature, IMO).  I
took your response to mean "don't do it -- wait for konqueror".  I see now
that you were just saying that kfm doesn't support that.  Whoops!

I guess I was reacting more to a general trend on the KDE lists that disturbs
me -- that we should stop developers from working on apps that are based on
1.1.1 and "force" them to work on 2.0.  That is the arrogance that I referred
to.  We have a stable and working codebase -- we should be ENCOURAGING people
to base their apps on 1.1.1 right now, not discouraging them.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth